“The root chakra, also known as the Muladhara chakra, is the first primary energy center in the body. It is found at the base of your spine, very near to your tailbone. Within us is our inner core and there is the circular motion of energy. In yoga, it’s best described as the way energy moves throughout the body. This allows you to harness the energy powers within to receive information.”
By: Ana Fairchild, MCC, RM
In the last blog post, we talked about the seven wheels of energy for beginners. I listed the traditional Hindu name, color, location of the chakras, and affirmations. In this article, we’re going to take a deep look into the root chakra. This foundation of our energy system provides an essential balance and well-being. The translation in English means wheel. The root chakra, also known as the Muladhara chakra, is the first primary energy center in the body. It is found at the base of your spine, very near to your tailbone. Within us is our inner core and there is the circular motion of energy. In yoga, it’s best described as the way energy moves throughout the body. This allows you to harness the energy powers within to receive information. This also allows you to send energetic information in your body from one place to another at the same time. The traditional Hindu system of chakras is to assist in the alignment of the central axis of our body. This would go from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. Let’s explore how it can make a positive impact in our lives and lead us to a higher state of consciousness.
- Grounding exercises: It’s important to engage in the type of activities that will assist you to feel connected to the earth. This promotes grounding and connection to Earth. Taking a brisk walk barefoot in your garden or in nature is important. It’s a key element to also pay attention to not only the beauty that you see but what you hear around you. Meditation is a wonderful practice that involves clarity, calmness, and peace. Meditation allows you to be in the present moment of life that you are in.
- Physical vitality: The physical body is not only vital but it’s associated with the root chakra. When your chakras are aligned, your chakras are in alignment with aspects of your mind, body, and spirit. Enhancing your physical energy, try to jog, hike, dance like no one’s watching, or rock climb.
- Emotional stability: This certainly contributes to emotional stability and resilience. You’ll feel more centered within your emotions, this does help to manage fear, anxiety, and stress. This allows you to maintain a more stable emotional state and bounce back more easily from adversity.
- Self-confidence: Self Worth and self-esteem will enhance as you experience harmony as you ensure and establish a solid foundation of self-belief. Believe in yourself! You’ll be able to create a solid foundation while empowering yourself to pursue self-love goals.
- Nutrition: It’s important to not only consume nourishing foods that support the root chakra but drink nourishing drinks that will assist you in the long run. The types of food that are good for your root chakra are root vegetables such as carrots, beets, potatoes, and proteins such as beans, lentils, and lean meats. Eating mindfully and with gratitude can also enhance the connection with your body.
Remember to repeat the below affirmations with conviction, confidence, and belief, and allow their positive energy to resonate within your being. It’s helpful to create a positive and focused mindset while visualizing the energy flowing through your root chakra, bringing balance and strength to your foundation.
Repeat these affirmations daily to reinforce a sense of stability and security.
Affirmations for the root chakra:
- I am grounded and connected.
- I am open to receiving the gifts and blessings of the universe.
- I trust in the abundance of life.
- I trust in the abundance and stability of the universe.
- I am rooted in the present moment and find peace within it.
Setting routines and rituals is an important part of your highest good. You will nourish your root chakra and cultivate a greater sense of stability in your life.